Pages

2009/09/26

FUN FUN FUN MATH

So last night I was doing some research on bands that are going to Fun Fun Fun Fest because I am thinking pretty seriously of going.. I just wish Kristin will go and have fun fun fun. Bands I am looking forward to are Atlas Sound, of Motreal (of course), Yeasayer, Destroyer, Neon Indian, King Khan/BBQ, Crystal Antlers and Fuck Buttons.

So the point here is that I was looking at videos of electronic artists like HEALTH and Holy Fuck and came across some great videos on myspace. Holy Fuck talks about how they create and manipulate sounds on the fly with pedals and even a 35 mm film sychronizer. These guys are able to produce electronic-sounding effects without the use of laptops or programmed backing tracks. I am very, very impressed with the techniques of this style of electronic musician.

Breakfast at Sulimay's are usually videos of a group of awesome old ppl who review new music. But check out this interview with Joe from Breakfast at Sulimay's:


Another must-watch for me is Bradford Cox's Daytripping sessions from Pitchfork. During the first two minutes he interviews HEALTH and they talk about their DIY shirts. Fucking King Khan is the man and hilarious. Man I so wish I lived in NY cuz everyone who's anyone plays there.

If anyone else out there interested in this type of math, prog, electronic music don't hesitate to let me know and I can point you in the direction of some other great bands.

Aa

P.S. I gathered my gear together to visit my homie Tomo in Denton tomorrow for some jamming and chili fest!

No comments:

Post a Comment