Pages

2009/10/05

DEEP GROOVES

BUGLE BOY - DEEP GROOVES (DEMO):
01. Color
02. Niew Neighborhood
03. Maine Coon
04. Tele/Phone (I See You Pan)
05. She Only Loves You Because You Let Her Outside
06. Lift
07. Sleepy Weekend I (1st Try)
08. Ocean Children
09. Deep Grooves

Over the last couple of months I have filled up a compact flash on the MR-8 to the max with tracks. Once again most of the songs are composed of tracks of first attempts at playing along with myself, so by pulling them off the 8-track, this is my way of self progressing and trying to move on to new things. I have done little to these on my laptop, mainly just volume adjustments, because I don't want to spend too much time on the computer tweaking the tracks, this is why they are in their raw state. This album is very experimental for me because I mostly use the first takes based on how well I improvised.

I have decided on going with the moniker Bugle Boy because over time I have found out that there is a music artist already by the name of Aaron Martin and I didn't fall in love with Aaron Bandana. Bugle Boy was a brand of clothing that I grew up wearing and I felt it was fitting to me. Even though I do not play bugle, I like how it ties into music.

The track 'Sleepy Weekend' is a song I have worked on for a long time now and hope to work on more and release along with about 15 other acoustic songs I have written over the last couple of years. Also the track ' Niew Neighborhood' was recorded for Kristin as a single track on the night I wrote it and is song that very close to me and I hope to rerecord. The track 'Tele/Phone' features numerous Animal Collective tracks running in the background; it features portions of 'Seal Eyeing' from the Water Curses EP and 'I See You Pan' from a 2001 WFMU recording.

Enjoy the recordings and I would love to hear what you have to say after listening.
Deep Grooves (Click to DL)
Personal Favorites: Neiw Neighborhood and Tele/Phone (I See You Pan)

Unrelated: Congrats to my sister Andrea and Chuck Hamilton and I hope you have an enjoyable honeymoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment