Pages

2009/09/20

VINCENT

Today 'Edward Scissorhands' was on A&E.. it brings back memories of when I saw it when I was a kid. I can't believe that movie was made in 1990.. time goes by. I laugh when I think about the first time I saw 'Batman' as a kid.. I saw it in the movie theater with my parents and the music was soo loud I was covering my ears and yelling "IS IT OVER?" or something like that. All Tim Burton's movies that I can remember from being a kid are classics in my book. Especially those two and 'Beetlejuice'.

Anyways as I watched the movie I got on my laptop to do some research on Tim Burton films and early works. I watched some makings of 'Edward Scissorhand' and a short film called 'Frankenweenie'. It was Burton's first attempt at a short film.. Burton started out as an animator for Disney. It stared the child actor, Barret Oliver, that played Bastian in 'The NeverEnding Story', Daniel Stern and Shelley Duvall.

Also I found a black and white stop motion film title 'Vincent'. It is a wonderful short based off a poem by Burton and narrated by Vincent Price about a boy who wildly imagines he is Vincent Price.

Please watch:

Related News: Tim Burton's Halloween Haunte Couture Fashion Shoot

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. I've always thought Tim Burton was awesome in a very weird way. -Kristin

    ReplyDelete