Pages

2009/07/17

PLANS WENT BETTER THAN PLANNED

While I was in Denton, I tried really hard to watch my ebay bids. even tho his laptop was floating around, even tho I had one too many, I was lucky enough to barely win a used Boss Dr. Sampler SP-303 Drum Machine.. kept typing o's instead of zeroes on Charles' unfamiliar keyboard. This is another piece of equipment for me to add to my collection of recording gear, along with my Fostex MR-8 (8-Track recorder with effects) and laptop if needed (which I prefer not to use too much).

Tonight I was working on transferring some songs that were recorded in Denton this past Monday night and I will have them uploaded shortly.. took fooooorever trying to figure out how to bounce tracks/transfer to my mac/convert/move from the MR-8 to laptop.

Lots of ppl were involved in the recording so as soon as I post the track, I hope to get this site out to get the songs out to whoever want to listen to them. I will post more tracks as fast as I can pull them off the MR-8. The explanation of the state of the recordings: they are not anything close to perfect.. the mic which I had sitting on the floor in the middle of Charles' living area, picked up all conversations and all melodies happening at once. I can't adjust the levels because it was recorded on one mic, on one track. And I had probs with flash cards so most tracks jump right into the middle of playing and can cut off abruptly. It has a great living-room recording feel and to help control the voices, I added reverb, so they would become more of an ambiance.

I finally upgraded my digital recorder for a better one with a usb hookup!! So I can transfer files.. hopefully I can find a way to use this with the new sampler!

No comments:

Post a Comment